CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree & Update

Hi Bloggers :) 

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while but some things have happened here. One of those being I was let go of my job the day before Thanksgiving. It's been tough talking to people about it. I feel like I have let myself down in so many ways. I was unhappy with my job for awhile now. I worked in a public accounting firm and that is what my degree is in. It just never seemed to click and the fact that I never received any training didn't help either. My girlfriend said this to me, " I am a firm believer that God puts us on a path for a reason, and that every hardship we encounter is just preparing us for something greater…I know it sound’s cheesey, but I believe it with all my heart". I have to agree with her 100%. I am considering pursuing a degree in nursing now. I've done a lot of reading about the associates program near where I live and it does seem like a lot of work but very rewarding work. I've asked a few of my friends if they thought I would make a good nurse and I haven't had one bad comment yet. So I need to pray about this and see where God leads me. 

Now on to the good stuff. I created these snowflake tags for our gifts under our Christmas tree and the other tags were created during my Stampin' Up club. (Please forgive the quality of the pictures. I used my cell phone.) 

This little tree was made by my father using the George & Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge. The three pieces for the tree are cut at 4", 3.5", and 3". Each circle is folded four times and then refolded using the mountain/valley technique. The star is from George as well and is cut at 1.5". A wooden stick is poked through the center of each folded circle and slid up the stick to create the tree. The star is attached using a glue dot.  

Thank you for listening to me vent a little and stopping by to see the projects that I have been working on. 

I'll be posting a scrapbook layout here in a few that was inspired by Lauren with Lauren's Creative. I just love all that she does!

Merry Christmas everyone and a Scrappy New Year 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment