CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Recycled Crafty Ideas

Hello my blogging friends :) It's been a while again since my last post. I am sorry for that. I have been finishing the Harry Potter series (again) and I just couldn't put it down...not even to blog and/or craft. If you haven't read the series you should. It just isn't a children's book. I love them all and hopefully one day soon I'll be able to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando FL. I am such a junkie of HP that I own a set of robes (Gryfindor of course), two wands, and an entire Gryfindor outfit. I know what you are thinking...this girl needs some help. HA! I love it! 

So on to what this blog is actually about. A few weeks ago I attended a Thirty-One party at a friends house. I noticed these cute little pens she had and decided that I could recreate these, and so I did. They were super easy to make. 
So here's how you can recreate it. I bought a bunch of flowers (there were all grouped together). I clipped about 2-3" of stem and removed any leaves. I bought a 10 pack of BIC pens and removed the lids (you wont need these). I then paced the flower and stem close to the pen and started to wrap the floral tape around the flower stem and pen until i reached the end of the pen. I filled a candle jar and a cleaned jelly jar full of small rocks and placed the flower pens in the rocks. Perfect :) I now have a cute useful fall arrangement.  

Next on the list of crafty ideas is recycled tomato container. I saw Kerry do this on YouTube. Her channel name is "pantala40'. I highly recommend watching her :) So anyway on to the project. 

So here's how to do it. I took one cleaned out cherry tomato container and measured the lid part that is kinda sunken in (this part will vary depending on the size of the container you use). I cut two of the shapes for the top and then the other is for the inside so you wouldn't see the label and the adhesive. Next I stamped the cute Christmas tree in gold ink and layered it on some green and then red card stock from Basic Gray. I popped that up on pop dots. I filled the inside with raffia and placed four cranberry colored votive candles inside. I closed the lid and trimmed any pieces of raffia that were sticking out. I tied the cute harvest colored ribbon around the entire container and it was finished. A quick and inexpensive gift to give family, friends or even coworkers for the holidays. 

Stay tuned for the next crafty project from the Mad Scrapper :)

1 comment:

  1. Lov-ur-ly! You do such lovely work. It inspires me to see your things.
    Hugs ~
    Jan

    ReplyDelete