CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Little Gator

So my creative side is still flowing :) I have another scrapbook 1pg. layout. As most know it is football season. I am and will always be a Florida Gator. So with that said, my dog will always be my little gator! The jersey in the picture was passed down to Solomon from my first boxer Jakin. It was his jersey and when he passed on to the Rainbow Bridge it became Solo's. 

This is a 12x12 layout. The brown circle is the inside piece to the Solomon & his Duck layout. I then cut 1' circles to create the scalloped edge. The scalloped edge along side the picture is from Just Because Cards and it's cut at 1.56x6" on "real dial size". The bracket is cut at 1.63x5" on "real dial size". The bracket is from the Home Decor cartridge. The cute little gator and all his parts are cut at 3.23x1.23" and he is from the Create a Critter cartridge. I don't have a cartridge that cuts a football so I made my own by using an oval from the George and Basic Shapes cartridge cut at 1.85x2.50". I then cut two small strips of white paper and adhered them to the brown oval. I used my Elmer's Painters paint marker in white to draw on the stitching lines. If you have any questions just leave me a comment and I'll try and get back to you as soon as I can. 
So last weekend I found myself at Michaels. I also go straight for the dollar spot as most people tend to do. Ran across these cute containers that looked like buttons and contained buttons within them. I picked up the red, green, and white ones figuring I could make small cute either gift tags or cards for gifts this holiday season. See I need to start on my Christmas cards early this year because I have over 50 to send out! I know that's a crazy amount but I always participate in a Boxer (dog) Christmas card swap :) and the list keeps growing. Also, so enough rambling and on to the cards. 

The cards measure 4 1/4 x 2 3/4" or just cut a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 in half and bingo! I then placed the buttons on the card and it just all came together. It wouldn't be complete without a little stitching along the edges.  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment